The use of histafen in the complex treat-ment of patients with senile itching
The purpose of the work is to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of the drug Histafen (sechifenadine) in comparison with the drug Loratodin in patients with senile itching.
Materials and research methods. Under our supervision there were 60 patients over the age of 50 years. Clinical and laboratory examination and dynamic observation consisted of conducting a general clinical examination and treatment of thematic patients with a subsequent analysis of the results. 30 patients of the main group who were prescribed with Histafen (sechifenadine) and 30 patients of the comparison group treated with Lor- atodine have been included in the complex treatment with the use as a blocker of histamine H1-receptors and serotonin 5-HT1-receptors. Histafen was prescribed 1 tablet twice a day, Loratadine - 1 tablet once a day. The observed patients took both drugs for 14 days.
Results and its discussion. When assessing the therapeutic effect in patients of the main group as a result of the therapy with the Histafen drug, “excellent improvement” was registered in 10 (33.33 %) cases, “good improvement” - in 18 (60.0 %), and “moderate improvement” - in 2 (6.67 %); “no improvement” and “deterioration” were not marked.
Conclusions. The use of the drug Histafen in the treatment of patients with senile itching made it possible to achieve pronounced positive dynamics with rapid relief of subjective symptoms.
2. Хаитов Р.М. Клиническая аллергология. Руководство для практических врачей. М., 2002. С. 500-527.
3. Яцемирская Р.С. Социальная геронтология. М., 2003. 53 с.
4. Agraval D.K. Pharmacology and clinical efficacy of desloratadine as an antiallergic and antiin- flamatory drug. Exp. Invest. Drugs. 2001. Vol.
10, No 3. P. 547-560.
5. Arnold L.M., Auchenbach M.B., McElroy S.L. Psychogenic excoriation: clinical features, proposed diagnostic criteria, epidemiology, and approaches to treatment. CNS Drugs. 2001. Vol. 15. P. 351-359.
6. Canonica G. W., Blaiss M. Antihistaminic, AntiInflammatory, and Antiallergic Properties of the Nonsedating Second-Generation Antihistamine Desloratadine: A Review of the Evidence World Allergy Organ J. 2011 Vol. 4, No 2. Р. 47-53.
7. DuBuske L. Second generation antihistamies: the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. Clin. Ther. 1999. Vol. 21, No 2. P. 281-285.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.